Pray For Your Pastor!
Behind every great leader there is someone willing to pray for him. This is true of the heroes of Scripture, and it is true of our pastor today. As a church - the body of Christ - we must be willing to intercede for our pastor with fervent, effectual prayers. Remember,
October is Pastor Appreciation month. Will YOU commit to pray for your pastor every day? Here is a daily guide that will help you to pray powerful, consistent, and specific prayers.
1. Pray for your Pastor's personal relationship with the Lord.
- Day 1: Desire - Pray for your Pastor to have an ever-growing desire to spend time with the Lord.
As the hart pants after the water brooks, so pants my soul after you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God? (Psalms 42:1-2)
- Day 2: Surrender - Pray for your Pastor to be completely surrendered to God's will, both for his own life and for the church.
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. (Galatians 2:20)
- Day 3: Christlikeness - Pray that your Pastor would imitate the Lord Jesus in everything he does, and that he would insire others to do the same.
Be followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. (1 Corinthians 11:1)
- Day 4: Love of God's Word - Pray That your Pastor would love the Word of God and desire to study it diligently.
I have rejoiced in the way of your testimonies, as much as in all riches. I will meditate in your precepts, and have respect unto your ways. I will delight myself in your statutes: I will not forget your word. Deal bountifully with your servant, that I may live, and keep your word. Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law.
- Day 5: Prayer - Ask God to make your Pastor a mighty man of prayer.
..The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. (James 5:16b)
- Day 6: Victory - Pray for your Pastor to have victory over every temptation.
Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak.
- Day 7: Endurance - Pray that your Pastor will have endurance to finish the race and keep the faith.
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
(2 Timothy 4:7-8)
2. Pray for your Pastor's preaching ministry.
- Day 8: Anointing - Pray for your Pastor to be anointed by the Holy Spirit every time he stands in the pulpit to preach.
But the anointing which you have received of Him abides in you, and you need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teaches you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it has taught you, you shall abide in Him.
(1 John 2:27)
- Day 9: Boldness - Pray for your Pastor to preach with boldness clarity, and power.
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
(2 Timothy 1:7)
- Day 10: Insight - Pray that God would give your Pastor a greater depth of understanding, insight,and wisdom.
That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, and what is the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints.
- Day 11: Evangelism - Pray that people would be won to Christ through your Pastor's life, his ministry, and his preaching.
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
- Day 12: Followers - Pray that your Pastor's congregation would be loving, growing, and dedicated to the Lord.
And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their food with gladness and sincerity of heart, Praising God, and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as were being saved.
3. Pray for your Pastor's leadership of the church.
- Day 13: Vision - Ask God to show your Pastor how your church can have the greatest impact in your community, your country, and the world.
Where there is no vision, the people perish.
- Day 14: Sensitivity - Pray for your Pastor to be sensitive to the Lord's guidance.
I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you shall go: I will guide you with my eye.
- Day 15: Humility - Pray for your Pastor to have pure motives and walk in humility.
Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He shall lift you up.
- Day 16: Courage - Pray for your Pastor to boldly lead your church for God's glory.
Whether therefore you eat, or drink, or whatsoever you do, do all to the glory of God.
(1 Corinthians 10:31 )
- Day 17: Power - Pray for your Pastor to be energized by the Holy Spirit for all his daily duties.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
(Phil. 4:13 )
- Day 18: Wisdom - Pray for God to give your Pastor wisdom to oversee the various ministries of the church.
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which He has purchased with His own blood.
- Day 19: Administration - Pray that your Pastor would be effective in overseeing his staff and his ministry responsibilities.
Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of workings, but it is the same God who works all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man for profit.
(1 Corinthians 12:4-7 )
4. Pray for your Pastor's personal and family life.
- Day 20: Blessing - Pray for God to meet all your Pastor's needs, and to prosper him so that he may bless others.
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
(Philippians 4:19 )
- Day 21: Devotion - Pray that your Pastor to be able to devote enough time to his wife and family.
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
And, you fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
- Day 22: Protection - Pray that God will protect your Pastor and his family from gossip, negative criticism, false expectations, strife, and weariness.
But let all those that put their trust in you rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because you defend them: let them also that love your name be joyful in you. For you, LORD, will bless the righteous; with favor will you surround him with a shield.
5. Pray for your Pastor's relationships with others.
- Day 23: Integrity - Pray that your Pastor would be respected and known as a man of integrity in your community.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
- Day 24: Testimony - Pray that your Pastor will glorify God with his life and his testimony.
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
(1 Corinthians 6:20)
- Day 25: Discernment - Pray that your Pastor will have discernment too see right from wrong and to judge fairly in his dealings with others.
Give therefore your servant an understanding heart to judge your people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this your so great a people?
(1 Kings 3:9 )
- Day 26: Readiness - Pray that your Pastor will always be ready with a word of testimony.
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
(1 Peter 3:15)
- Day 27: Confidence - Pray that your Pastor will stay strong in his faith and fear no man; ask God to uphold your Pastor always.
Fear not; for I am with you: be not dismayed; for I am your God: I will strengthen you; yea, I will help you; yea, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness.
5. Pray for your Pastor's relationships with others.
- Day 28: Vitality -Ask God to bless your Pastor with extraordinary vitality to accomplish all that needs to be done.
For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.
(2 Chronicles 16:9a)
- Day 29: Strength -Ask God to keep your Pastor strong, even in the midst of difficulties and long hours of ministry.
The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
(Psalms 18:2 )
- Day 30: Encouragement -Pray that the joy of the Lord would be your Pastor's strength, and would keep him from discouragement.
Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
- Day 31: Peace -Pray that the peace of God would keep your Pastor's heart and mind in the face of any gossip, criticism, and strife.
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.