Positive people are drawn to positive energy; negative people are drawn to negative energy.
Positive people believe they are in control of their own destiny; that everything will turn out right if they work at it. They tend to be proactive instead of reactive, planning instead of just drifting and letting circumstances dictate their actions. They know that every person has difficulties and problems in life, but they have faith that they can overcome obstacles, rather than being crippled by them. They tend to be grateful, and count their blessings far more than their troubles.
A positive person remembers to uplift others, instead of tearing them down. They are genuinely happy for the good fortune of others. Positive people tend to have more energy, less stress, and a wide social circle of people they enjoy spending time with.
Negative people often lack planning and thus tend to be overwhelmed by circumstances. Because they aren’t very proactive, they often feel like they haven’t gotten a fair deal from life. They tend to feel like victims, rather than strong and in control. They tend to believe in Murphy’s Law: if anything can go wrong, it will, and whatever can go right might very well go wrong, too!
They tend to constantly criticize others and talk about them behind their backs. They always seem to be involved in drama and conflict, but it’s always somebody else’s fault. They are often petty and jealous, thinking they deserve better than they’ve gotten.
If you believe that whatever can go wrong, will go wrong and whatever can go right, will probably go wrong too, then you are harboring a lot of negativity. Whether consciously or subconsciously, you are a negative person. And since like attracts like, that’s exactly what you will attract into your life: more negativity!
Here’s a quick quiz to gauge the level of negative energy within you:
- Do you complain? All the time or just sometimes?
- Do you often discuss what’s wrong in the world more than what’s right? This includes the ‘terrible’ weather, ‘horrible’ traffic, ‘idiotic’ government, ‘lousy’ economy, ‘stupid’ in-laws, etc.
- Do you criticize? All the time or just certain people?
- Are you attracted to drama and disaster (can you unglue yourself from the TV when there’s a news story of a disaster and can you avoid getting involved in the lives of dysfunctional celebrities?)
- Do you blame? All the time or just certain situations?
- Do you believe that you have no control over most of your results?
- Do you feel like a victim? Do you talk about people doing things to you?
- Are you jealous of other people and their good fortune? Do you outwardly congratulate them but inwardly wonder why they get all the breaks and you don’t?
- Are you grateful for what is or will you be grateful when things finally start going right for you?
- Do you feel like things are happening to you? Or do you feel that they are happening through you?
These last two points are important: If you’re not grateful except when things go right, you are negative. Gratitude is positive. If you are grateful for what is - including the unpleasant school of life lessons - then you can invite more and more positive energy into your life.
Believing that things happen to you puts you in the role of victim; then it’s easy to be negative because it’s convenient to give up that power. So consider this alternative: who or what is to blame when GOOD things happen to you? Do you acknowledge that you are responsible for the good things – as in, you worked hard, you earned it, etc… but blame external events or other people for your failures? So how come, when good things happen, they are a result of what you do, but when bad things happen, they are not your fault?
Nobody likes to hear that. It takes courage to accept that you create your life experience!
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you are holding on to negative energy to some degree! To clear your negative energy and raise your vibration, you will need to retrain yourself to choose a positive attitude.
Here’s another interesting idea to consider: have you noticed that positive people seem to get what they want out of life, and even if things don’t go their way, they still enjoy their lives… while negative people whine and moan about their misfortunes and even the good things in their lives?
To clear negative energy, try this 2 -step process:
- Take ownership: Believe that you are responsible for you emotions, good and bad, and that you can choose to see the positive in even negative situations. Own your negative feelings, admit them and commit to changing
- Cancel negative thoughts and replace them with positive thoughts. This takes practice, dedication and making a decision to see the world through the eyes of “what can go right” instead of “what can go wrong.” You’ll have to catch yourself anytime you are acting out or speaking out your negativity, and immediately change your tune. What’s going to happen then? Your positive energy will magnetically attract what you consider to be good and right for you: people, situations, things… and you’ll notice a huge, huge increase in your happiness and inner peace. Why not choose positive energy? Make some changes within, and you’ll quickly see positive changes in your llife. Enjoy the good feelings and abundance!
Or, as the Bible tells us;