Pray For Our Nation
Throughout the Bible, when God's people faced national crises, they called for a national prayer. They always began with a prayer of repentence, for
their many failures to keep God's laws. Their disobedience caused them to fall to their enemies many times, but God always heard their sincere
prayers of repentence. God never changes - He will still hear our prayers when we humble ourselves before Him, confess our corporate sinfulness, and seek Him wholeheartedly.
Click here for a prayer of national repentence we can offer up to the Lord, so that He may hear from heaven, and heal our land!
Being a leader, whether on a local, state, or national level, is not an easy job. They have a tremendous responsibility,
and it takes a toll on them and their families.
It is fitting and proper that we should lift up our leaders with our prayers, both for their benefit and for ours.
In fact, we are are instructed in the Bible to pray for our leaders:
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers,
intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may
lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
(I Timothy 2:1-2)
Things we should be praying for:
1. Pray for this election, which is quite possibly the most important election we have ever had.
- Pray that Christian voters will overcome their apathy and get out to the polls to make their voices heard.
- That we will vote according to God's laws and elect Godly leaders.
- That our chosen leaders will seek God's will and His guidance in making their decisions, rather than their own personal power and financial gain.
- That Christians will be willing to step up and serve their fellow ciitizens on local, state, and national levels.
- That God will protect those who serve from opposing forces that will lie, cheat, and commit fraud and even worse crimes in order to gain and maintain power.
- That Christians in this country will continue to speak out to shape the direction our country takes.
- Pray for wisdom to understand that ultimately, it is God that appoints all leaders, both good and bad. (Daniel 2:21)
2. Pray for our country:
- That God will protect our nation from those who seek to destroy this country and our freedoms; that He would protect us from all enemies, both foreign and domestic.
- That God will bring a revival to sweep across this nation and that we will turn back to God, and once again honor His name.
"Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people." (Psalms 14:34)
- That this country will set and uphold Godly standards, and be a lighthouse for the rest of the world.
- That our country will continue to stand firm in their support of Israel. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem, God's Holy city.
3. Pray for our President:
- That God will protect our President and his family, giving them strength and comfort as they live in the fishbowl of public life.
- That our President would always be willing to seek God's will and guidance to make the many difficult decisions he will be called upon to make.
- That he would always put the best interests of "we the people" ahead of any other consideration, and always put America first when dealing with other world leaders.
- That he would bring dignity, respect and statemanship back to the Oval Office, serving with dignity and honor.
- That he will have the courage to stand firm in the face of opposition, lies, personal attacks, and constant criticism.
- That regardless of partisan differences, people in this country will give our highest elected official their support, and will learn to respect the office, if not the man.
4. Pray for our Senators and Representatives:
- That our Senators and Representatives will be Godly men and women, who will seek the Lord's will and guidance.
- That they would realize that holding public office is an honor and a tremendous responsibilty, and conduct themselves accordingly.
- That they too would always put the interests of America first, and not cater to special interest groups for personal gain.
- That they will vote in accordance with what the majority of their constituents want, rather than their own personal agenda.
- That they will learn to work with the President, regardless of personal feelings or Party bias, for the collective good of the people they were elected to represent.
5. Pray for our state and local elected officials:
- That they, too, will be Godly men and women, and will seek His guidance.
- That they will stand firm in the face of opposition not be afraid to voice their beliefs.
- That they will uphold the rights of Christians in our communities as diligently as they hold up the rights of others.
- That they would uphold family values, and vote against anything that would serve to destroy families.
6. Pray for our Supreme Court and Supreme Court Justices, as well as our lower courts and their Judges:
- That God will protect them and their families, giving them strength and comfort as they live in the fishbowl of public life.
- That they would always be willing to seek God's will and guidance in every judgment they will be required to hand down.
- That they will have the courage to stand firm in the face of opposition, lies, personal attacks, and constant criticism.
- That they will remember and acknowledge that this country was founded by Godly men, based on Godly principles, and that our laws were based on the Biblical standards of right and wrong.
- That they will acknowledge that "separation of church and state" does not require deleting any mention of God; it was only meant to prevent a State-mandated religion, not to deny the existance of God.
- That they will stick to upholding the law and our Constitution, not rewriting it to suit special interest groups.
7. Pray for our brave young men and women serving in the Military:
- That God will protect them as they serve their country, both at home and abroad.
- That God will protect their families while they are called to active duty.
- That the people of this country will be supportive of our soldiers and the families of those serving overseas.
8. Pray for our fireman, police officers, and other civil servants:
- That God would protect them as they risk their lives in service to their community.
- That they would serve their communities with honor and dignity.
- That people will appreciate the sacrifice these men and women make to serve us, giving them the respect they deserve.
9. Pray for our schools and our teachers:
- That our schools would be safe places for our children.
- That teachers, pricipals, and schools boards would be capable, caring, and Godly examples for our children.
That our schools would return to a curiculum that encourages excellence in academics, personal and civic responsibilty, and patriotism.
10. Pray for our families:
- That we ourselves would be the Godly parents and grandparents that He calls us to be, teaching the next generation God's standards of right and wrong. We must always realize that "we are never more than one generation away from total apostacy." (Billy Graham, quoted by President Ronald Reagan)
- Pray for God's protection against the forces of evil that seek to destroy our families, for we know that our enemy the devil roams the world like a roaring lion, seeking those whom he can devour. (I Peter 5:8)
- Pray for God's healing and restoration of families that have been torn apart by drugs and alcohol, pornography, sexual abuse, abandonment, and every other form of attack.
God bless America,
and America, BLESS GOD!